[rspec-users] [RSpec] rcov and/or rexml bug?

James Byrne lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Feb 3 08:32:55 EST 2009

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Hi,
> Running: Ruby 1.8.7 p72, RSpec 1.1.12 and rcov, I get the
> following error message with $ rake spec:rcov

> Anyone ran into that? Should I downgrade my Ruby version to have it
> work? I previously updated it to its latest release hoping bugs would be
> fixed.

I do not think it has anything to do with Ruby.  Using Ruby 1.8.6, Rails
RSpec 1.1.12 and Rcov I get this error:

rake spec:rcov

invalid option: --output_dir
rake aborted!

I also had problems with spec_helper and the Rails logger.  I am
thinking that maybe RSpec 1.1.12, Rails 2.2.2 and perhaps Rcov 0.8.1
have some incompatibilities.