[rspec-users] [Cucumber] Cucumber and acts_as_xapian

Bart Zonneveld zuperinfinite at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 06:05:48 EST 2009

Hey list,

Anyone have experience with acts_as_xapian and Cucumber? I'm
struggling with updating xapian's index, to actually "find" fluff
that has been indexed..
In a scenario, I'm adding a bunch of articles, and in the actual
search step, I run:

When "I search for \"$query\"" do |query|
   %x[rake RAILS_ENV=test xapian:update_index]
   fill_in "Search", :with => query
   click_button 'Search'
end

At this point in the scenario, I can see there are articles in the
database. But if I try to query the articles using xapian after the
update_index rake task has run, I don't see any results.
Could this have to do with transactional fixtures or something?
Really stuck here, because I obviously don't want to stub these
searches, and I do want to test them.

thanks,
bartz