[rspec-users] undefined method `inherit' for Merb::Test::ExampleGroup

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Sun Feb 1 13:36:21 EST 2009

Hi Phlip,

Are you sure it's inherit and not extend?
Second, I guess the missing trace is cuz you should
put a 'before' block into the describe.
Took me some time to figure that out last month...

so try this and let us know the results:

describe 'Post' do
   before do
     extend FixtureDependencies::SequelTestCase

ciao, tom

Am 01.02.2009 um 16:50 schrieb Phlip:

> RSpeckers:
> I'm trying to install this into a Merb-generated RSpec rig:
>  http://code.jeremyevans.net/doc/fixture_dependencies/
> It requires inserting their test case into RSpec. This is the
> documented way to do it:
> describe 'Post' do
>  inherit FixtureDependencies::SequelTestCase
> And that leads to the syntax error in the subject line. (No stack
> trace is available - ask the Merb spec runner why!)
> Has anyone seen that one before?

Thomas R. "TomK32" Koll <> http://ananasblau.com
just a geek trying to change the world