[rspec-users] Submitting a Custom Matcher: gem or other method?

Ed Howland ed.howland at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 10:53:09 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Ashley Moran
> <ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 28 Dec 2009, at 16:27, David Chelimsky wrote:
>>
> First, I have no cycles to start setting something up like this for a while
> now. I'm trying to wrap up the loose ends on the book and get it to
> production. After that, any spare time I have is going to be devoted to
> getting the rspec-2.0 and rspec-rails-2.0 (for rails-3.0) projects rolling
> in earnest.

Good luck on the book. I am eager to buy it!

> That said, I definitely think we need a home for information about matchers.
> Hosting them, however, is something I'd rather leave to the professionals :)
> I've imagined a website where folks can list info about matcher libraries
> and others can comment and possibly vote on them. If anybody wants to
> volunteer to drive this in the short run, that would be great, but I won't
> be able to do it myself for several months.
> Cheers,
> David

Just a suggestion, several other projects have contributions listed on
their Git hub wiki. Can we create a page for them, linking to other
Github accounts. I don't knoe about voting and such, but it might be a
start. The rspec.info page can just link to the Github wiki for a user
submitted  contributions page and people can go from there. Thereby
offloading the responsibility.

If I can help help in any way, let me know.

Ed

--
Ed Howland
http://greenprogrammer.wordpress.com