[rspec-users] Submitting a Custom Matcher: gem or other method?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 10:09:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Ashley Moran <ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
> wrote:

> On 28 Dec 2009, at 16:27, David Chelimsky wrote:
> > For most users, gems are the easiest answer. By all means, host source on
> github if you want people to contribute, or have a place to inspect code,
> but you don't need a public source repository in order to push gems to
> gemcutter.
> A standard location for RSpec matchers would be pretty handy though, WDYT?

First, I have no cycles to start setting something up like this for a while
now. I'm trying to wrap up the loose ends on the book and get it to
production. After that, any spare time I have is going to be devoted to
getting the rspec-2.0 and rspec-rails-2.0 (for rails-3.0) projects rolling
in earnest.

That said, I definitely think we need a home for information about matchers.
Hosting them, however, is something I'd rather leave to the professionals :)

I've imagined a website where folks can list info about matcher libraries
and others can comment and possibly vote on them. If anybody wants to
volunteer to drive this in the short run, that would be great, but I won't
be able to do it myself for several months.