[rspec-users] be_true and be_false are suddenly undefined

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 05:45:29 EST 2009

> I agree....
>
> I did notice that my feature/support/my_env.rb (custom) had:
> require 'spec'
> require 'spec/rails'
>
> so I changed first line
> require 'spec/autorun'

You shouldn't do that. You don't want the RSpec runner to run when you're
using Cucumber.
In fact, you shouldn't do any RSpec requires in my_env.rb at all - all that
setup is done in env.rb.

> in keeping with
> http://wiki.github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/configgem-for-rails
>
> seems to me that really should do it, but it doesn't work.????

I'm assuming you have followed the upgrade instructions that Matt mentioned.
However your setup still seems broken so I'm wondering if you succeeded.

Could you pastie or gist your env.rb and my_env.rb files so we can take a
peek?

I've tried requiring spec_helper, etc. putting the requires closer to
> my code.,etc.

You should never load your spec_helper.rb from Cucumber.

nothing works!!!!