[rspec-users] spec with user culture

Gnagno Gnagno lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Dec 23 05:07:38 EST 2009

Sorry, I have one more question,

I didn't find the cucumber forum, so please forgive me if I am too much
out of topic here.

I was trying to achieve the same with cucumber, so I wrote this:

Scenario Outline: visit home page and get redirect to localized home
page
  Given my culture is <culture>
  When I go to the home page
  Then I should be redirected to the <page>

  Examples:
    | culture   | page                  |
    | italian   | italian_home_page     |
    | english   | english_home_page     |
    | french    | french_home_page      |
    | spanish   | spanish_home_page     |
    | german    | german_home_page      |
    | japanese  | japanese_home_page    |

but I cannot access request.env from a cucumber step, and moreover I
think accessing to request.env from cucumber could tie it too much to
the application, am I right?