[rspec-users] Example vs ExampleProxy

Sean Grove sean at saucelabs.com
Sun Dec 13 15:58:37 EST 2009

Hey all,

I'm working on bring DeepTest up to compatibility with rspec 1.2.9 in
order to parallelize tests, and hit a few roadblocks after 1.1.12.
Specifically, I was wondering about ExampleProxy (which I know now is
for the custom formatter) vs Example. Previously I would call run() on
an Example, but that's no longer a method on the ExampleProxy objects
- is there a way to grab the Example object from an ExampleProxy, or
am I going about this the wrong way(TM)?

Thanks for your help.

Sean