[rspec-users] Partitioning Specs

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:53:47 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg
<vanweerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw that a couple of days ago- very nice. Will that be added to RSpec?

Sooner or later, yes, but it will be managed through the hash passed
to the declarations:

describe "something", :tags => [:a,:b] do
  it "does something", :tags > [:c] do

etc

You can already access that options hash in custom formatters, so you
can use this to control reporting. Next step is to use it to control
what actually gets run. But this won't be right away.