[rspec-users] Noob question

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Wed Apr 29 19:32:02 EDT 2009

Korny Sietsma wrote:
> True, but cucumber is useful for lots of different kinds of projects.
> I'm currently using it to build a java webapp, so I don't need much
> beyond cucumber, selenium, and selenium-client.

I'm curious, with your current setup do you insert data directly into
your database (i.e. in Given steps) or do you always use the selenium to
enter in data.  Meaning, if you needed a user to exist so you could have
them log in.. do you use ActiveRecord, or something similar, to create
the user or do you use the webforms to create the user?  Also, how do
you handle cleaning the database after each scenario?  Sorry, for the
questions, but I'm curious how you've solved these problems when using
Cucumber to test a non-ruby webapp.

Thanks,
Ben