[rspec-users] Cucumber/Webrat/Selenium + SSL?

Brandt Kurowski brandtkurowski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:37:39 EDT 2009

On Apr 29, 6:04 am, Wincent Colaiuta <w... at wincent.com> wrote:
> Webrat will "automatically start the Selenium Java server process and
> an instance of Mongrel when a test is run". So there is no way that I
> can see to force Webrat to launch the Selenium server process with the
> custom Firefox profile.

You can tell webrat to not launch Selenium RC and to instead connect
to an already running instance by setting the selenium_server_address
configuration variable. It's not well documented (it was originally
added to support Selenium Grid) and is perhaps not an ideal solution
to the problem you face, but it might be preferable to monkey-patching