[rspec-users] Current Evaluation of RSpec

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 01:09:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg
<vanweerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking around outside of the book, reading reviews of RSpec on the web
> seems tricky. Most reviews seem very dated, and as a result are misleading.
> Is this an accurate assessment?

I don't think so.  The core syntax and sensibilities of RSpec haven't
changed in any disruptive way.  It's added new features, like those
contexts and such, but there's no compulsion to use them.  And to me
they don't have much impact on the fundamental _flavor_ of RSpec.

The only part of any old RSpec lore that's truly obsolete now is the
story runner.  Substitute "Cucumber" wherever you read "RSpec Story
Runner" and substitute "beautiful" wherever you read "it's a pain."
Otherwise the progress is all pretty much evolutionary, not
revolutionary.

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)