[rspec-users] [Cucumber] gem missing dependencies

Kero van Gelder kero at chello.nl
Mon Apr 27 19:14:13 EDT 2009

> This is the umpteenth time polyglot messes up. Polyglot is broken broken
> broken. Cucumber doesn't use it, but can't escape it, because Treetop
> *always* loads it. I have tried to lobby the Treetop developers to make it
> optional. I have sent a patch (as a treetop fork). It's still in there.
> What else can I do?

How far do you want to take it?
We got gems, github. Think RPath, fedora spins, debian derivatives.
Grab all stuff from rubyforge and publish your own gem-feed.
Tweaked to fit your needs.

But for that scheme to work, others should not lure us away from your
feed with their own, that tweaks other gems.

So I guess what you really need is a policy for gems on rubyforge.
rubygems looking over some quality and cohesiveness, like (linux) distros
check quality and make sure packages work together.

The kind of check we'd want to do on polyglot is easy to automate.
If it'd be done when creating the gem, as well as on rubyforge before
it's put in the feed, I guess noone can complain.

How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?
  -- Faithless, Salva Mea