[rspec-users] BDD for C#?

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Sat Apr 25 02:11:40 EDT 2009

Brandon Olivares wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is slightly off topic, but I'm having trouble finding something,
> and wondered if anyone here had experience with any BDD frameworks for C#.
>
> I found NBehave (http://www.codeplex.com/NBehave), but it seems a little out
> of date (last release says 2007 I think). I also found this post
> (http://www.lostechies.com/blogs/joe_ocampo/archive/2008/02/26/updates-to-nb
> ehave.aspx) which has a different syntax, but can't find what has happened
> to it since that post. Also, I really hate that the methods use underscores,
> though I don't know if that's their convention, or a requirement.
>
> Does anyone else here use C#? What do you use for testing / specs?
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

I haven't used C# for years, so I don't have any experience with BDD
frameworks in it but you might want to check out MSpec:

http://github.com/machine/machine.specifications/tree/master

http://codebetter.com/blogs/aaron.jensen/archive/2008/05/08/introducing-machine-specifications-or-mspec-for-short.aspx

You may also want to post your question to the BDD google group:

http://groups.google.com/group/behaviordrivendevelopment?hl=en

HTH,
Ben