[rspec-users] Background and scenario outline interaction

Jim Morris wolfmanjm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 18:22:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was surprised by this so I suspect it may be a bug.

I have a Scenario Outline, and a Background in my Feature and nothing
else,

The Background got executed 1 more time than expected.

Details are the Scenario Outline had 4 entries in the table, so I
expected 4 scenarios to get executed, and the Background to get
executed before each Scenario.

What happened was the Background got executed once initially, then
once for each entry on the outline table, the After scenario hook got
correctly executed after each of the 4 scenarios, but not after the
first Background (understandably as there was no scenario executed).

Is this a bug or feature ;)