[rspec-users] [Cucumber] Options in tables

Kero van Gelder kero at chello.nl
Wed Apr 22 19:02:10 EDT 2009

> sorry.. the first point.. you're right this feature is to do with tables
> too, however this feature is orthogonal to the other one, so I decided to
> start a new thread ...   I hope that was right.

Sure, just wanted to make sure you'd seen the other thread.

(on a aside note: what would examples look like if both ideas get
implemented? I'm afraid it'll be confusing.)

> > I agree that in defining the rules that define the behaviour those
> > situations are equivalent.
> >
> > However, as the examples _are the tests_ we need both as we need to test
> > both those scenarios so the testers have confidence the feature is working
> > in all situations.

Given I am a <role>
And I am on the entity list screen
When I <action> a new or expired entity

I realize the three Then steps become "double" steps, too.
Doesn't really scale when you have more than two states...

It scales fine when the state does not matter, no "double" steps
at all.

I'm out of ideas, time for someone else to chime in :)

> > It's being a really good experience in my current project to work so
> > closely with the test team. I'm getting some really good feedback.

How can I change the world if I can't even change myself?
  -- Faithless, Salva Mea