[rspec-users] Why RSpec?

Amos King amos.l.king at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 07:25:09 EDT 2009

I wasn't thinking about a gun.  I was just wondering if there is some
underlying reason that I'm missing.  Is there a background structure
that I'm not grasping?  Is there a huge piece of functionality that
I'm missing?  Is it faster than Test:Unit or Shoulda?

Amos(adkron)

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 2:01 AM, doug livesey <biot023 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's that RSpec encodes some of the latest BDD into its way of
> thinking.
> It has a vocabulary that encourages that, so in a way, yes, it's all about
> semantics.
> Semantics that encourage agile thinking & practice.
> Also, it allows you to structure your specs (that become your regression
> tests) in a much more intuitive way than Test::Unit -- I don't know Shoulda.
> But if I understood all the pros & cons of two systems & preferred another,
> I'd use that -- there's no gun against anyone's head. ;)
>    Doug.
>
> 2009/4/22 Saturn <saturn.sting at gmail.com>
>>
>> I am also having same question that i can't find the reason why i
>> should go for RSpec instead of Test/Unit.
>> There is no compelling reason / advantage offered by RSpec except
>> semantics.
>>

>> Is RSpec all about different syntax???????
>>
>> Thanks in advance for clarifying it???

Amos King
http://dirtyInformation.com
http://github.com/Adkron