[rspec-users] [Cucumber] Tables

Joseph Wilk joe at josephwilk.net
Tue Apr 21 16:20:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Jonathan Linowes
<jonathan at parkerhill.com> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Joseph Wilk wrote:
>> What you really want is an examples table that is embedded in a step
>> (different from a step table, maybe by keyword?) that causes the step to be
>> run multiple times for each of the values. So rather than using placeholders
>> we embedded a Examples table in the step.
> like this?

Not quite, I was thinking of running the whole scenario for the
examples step table rather than just the step.

However I really like Ben's suggestion of a sub-table

I think it would be conceptually easier for a non-technical user to
grasp than my first suggestion which makes it a big win for me.

Joseph Wilk