[rspec-users] Custom Example Groups

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 08:04:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Pat Maddox <pat.maddox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Check out http://gist.github.com/97967 - top one is a custom example
> group, and bottom one is accessing an example's instance var from
> within a matcher.

I forked this and modified it a bit: http://gist.github.com/98041

This shows how to set up class methods that you can access outside
examples (inside groups) and instance methods you can access inside
the examples.

Also - just a word of caution - even though you *can* access instance
variables in matchers, it seems very brittle to me to attach matchers
to specifically named instance variables like that.

Can you show us what you're trying to do? Perhaps there are less
brittle alternatives.

Cheers,
David