[rspec-users] But rspec can not be found

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 00:08:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Tom Stuart <tom at experthuman.com> wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2009, at 15:03, Tom Stuart wrote:
>> the bad commit is
>> http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails/commit/c9abdccedee97217f28e07ec824bb12cda1c9173
> I don't understand what's happening to rspec.rake in this commit. In
> particular, how is the "require 'spec/rake/spectask'" line meant to succeed
> once the $LOAD_PATH.unshift has been removed? On my system it's this code
> that adds vendor/plugins/rspec/lib to the load path, so removing it causes
> the require to fail.

Turns out it was working for me because I have the rspec gem installed.

I'm not sure that requiring environment.rb is the right solution
because it will be loaded no matter what rake task is invoked, and
that is clearly not the intent for all rake tasks.

I hate to go back to the ugly mess that was there to add either the
plugin or installed gem path to the load path, but that may be the
only reasonable alternative.

Any other ideas?