[rspec-users] [Cucumber] How can I pass an XML block as a parameter?

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:03:40 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Stephen Eley <sfeley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but I was trying to look this up a
> few weeks ago myself to represent some example Markdown data, and
> eventually gave up.  This isn't documented anywhere that I could find.
>  I've also never heard of pystring syntax -- I just tried to Google
> that too, but all I got were references to Java libraries and no
> simple syntax reference.

All right, never mind.  Having been given enough clues that the
feature exists and what it generally might look like, I prowled
through Cucumber's specs and examples until I got a clearer picture.
Then, to keep my 'There ain't no documentation!' whining privileges, I
went and added what I learned to the wiki:

http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/multiline-step-arguments

I'd call it my minor good deed for the day, but really I was using it
to procrastinate on my podcasting work for another half hour, so
overall it was morally neutral.

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)