[rspec-users] [Cucumber] How can I pass an XML block as a parameter?

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:37:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Ben Mabey <ben at benmabey.com> wrote:

> Have you tried the pystring syntax?
>
> Given I want to have multiple lines
> """
> I can pass them
> in with three quotes...
> """

How does that parse into a step definition?  Would it be:

Given /^I want to have multiple lines\n(.*)$/m do |text|

...or would it be something else?  Is the newline character necessary?
 Are the quotes included?  And does this imply that multiline text
must always be separated from from steps in lines of its own?

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but I was trying to look this up a
few weeks ago myself to represent some example Markdown data, and
eventually gave up.  This isn't documented anywhere that I could find.
 I've also never heard of pystring syntax -- I just tried to Google
that too, but all I got were references to Java libraries and no
simple syntax reference.

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)