[rspec-users] Spec run heuristics (Re: Cucover: coverage-aware 'lazy' cucumber runs)

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Mon Apr 13 15:53:35 EDT 2009

On 11 Apr 2009, at 19:02, Ashley Moran wrote:

> I was just idly thinking, could a code-coverage based system could
> be combined with some sort of failure (fragility) history to balance
> the time cost of heavy feature runs with the benefits of having
> something run end-to-end?  We've had reverse-modification-time spec
> ordering for ages which is a useful start.

I believe this is roughly what Kent Beck's new venture, JUnit Max,
does. I think it's pretty much essential to start thinking about doing
this - dumbly running all the tests just doesn't make sense and won't
scale on a bigger project. Cucover is my first attempt to dip my toe
into this water.

I blogged about this the other day:

Matt Wynne