[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and restful_authentication

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Sun Apr 12 18:21:02 EDT 2009

David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Tadatoshi Takahashi
> <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> David Chelimsky wrote:
>>> Where are you putting login_required?
>> Hi, David.
>> I am sorry for the late reply.
>> The login_required I put is actually before_filter in the controller,
>> e.g.
>> before_filter :login_required.
>> Basically, if I disabled restful_authentication by commenting it out,
>> all the steps in Cucumber passed. But when I enabled it (putting the
>> before_filter above), Cucumber failed at one step.
>> I don't necessary have a time to dig into the codes inside Cucumber and
>> RSpec. So if there is a code that works, I would like to just use it and
>> continue with Behaviour-Driven Development.
> I haven't personally set up any apps with restful_authentication and
> Cucumber. Is there anybody else on this who has who can help Tadatoshi
> out?
I have not used Cucumber with restful_auth.  However, on the 'Related
Tools' page[1] on the wiki there are several links to projects that deal
with Cucumber and authentication.
One of them is a sample app, by Andrew Premdas, using cucumber with
restful_auth: http://github.com/diabolo/fbrp/tree/master

You might learn something by looking at that codebase.

1. http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/related-tools