[rspec-users] [cucumber] Cucumber and restful_authentication

Tadatoshi Takahashi lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Apr 11 19:04:25 EDT 2009

David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Tadatoshi Takahashi
> <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> what to do.
>> �User.create!( :first_name => 'quire',
>>
>> map.login '/login', :controller => 'sessions', :action => 'new'
>>
>> Without login_required and the step above, the Cucumber scenario was
>> successfully run. But after I put login_required and the step above,
>> Cucumber cannot locate a field (its value is filled in text field).
>
> Where are you putting login_required?

Hi, David.

I am sorry for the late reply.

The login_required I put is actually before_filter in the controller,
e.g.
before_filter :login_required.
Basically, if I disabled restful_authentication by commenting it out,
all the steps in Cucumber passed. But when I enabled it (putting the
before_filter above), Cucumber failed at one step.

I don't necessary have a time to dig into the codes inside Cucumber and
RSpec. So if there is a code that works, I would like to just use it and
continue with Behaviour-Driven Development.

Thank you.

Tadatoshi