[rspec-users] [cucumber] Tests pass, application does not.

Joseph Wilk joe at josephwilk.net
Thu Apr 9 13:48:32 EDT 2009

James Byrne wrote:

>> This has just cropped up this morning and I have no clue as to what is
>> causing it.
>>
>> Here is the error when running the application through the web browser
>> in development:
>>
>>  undefined method `method_exists?' for #<Entity:0x2b7214243bd0>
>>

> I put in a print self.methods.sort.to_yaml and, sure enough, when I do
> this through the browser this is what I see:

> - mark_for_destruction
> - marked_for_destruction?
> - metaclass
> - method
> - method_missing
> - methods
> - new_record?
> - nil?
> - object_id
>
> I put the same check in the controller
>   @entity = Entity.new
>   print @entity.methods.sort.to_yaml
>
> and it is missing there as well.
>

> No method_exists?, So, where is it going?

Could be completely off track, Pats mention of Mocha reminded me that
Rails 2.3 tests have lots of 'require mocha' dotted around the place:

David raised a ticket on this:

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2240-let-users-decide-what-mock-framework-to-use

Could this be causing some conflict?

--