[rspec-users] (x)HTML Parsing Errors, Cuc 0.2.0 + Rspec 1.2

Peer Allan Peer.Allan at canadadrugs.com
Tue Apr 7 13:08:54 EDT 2009

We found the issue and it was related to how rspec wraps assert_select.  In
rspec-rails 1.1.12 HTML::Document is initialized differently for
response.body than for strings.  In 1.2.2 this was changed so that they were
initialized in the same way. This caused the string to be validated as XML
and generated the warnings and matcher errors we were seeing .  We patched
assert_select.rb so that strings are initialized the old way and all the
errors went away.

I forked the project on github and the patch is available there (but not as
a gem)

http://github.com/pallan/rspec-rails/tree/master

Thanks

Peer Allan