[rspec-users] Problem with colorized output in cygwin on Vista (was: RSpec Formats with Strange Characters)

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:20:24 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Brandon Olivares
<programmer2188 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well the output on the console works fine, it's when it is output to a text
> file when I see those characters.

Ah - well, in theory that shouldn't happen, because the colorizing
checks to see if it's printing to a console or not. So it sounds like
there is a bug related to your specific environment. Would you please
report that to http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com?

In the mean time, as a workaround, just exclude the --color option and
you should be fine.