[rspec-users] Can't use Cucumber with Webrat and Selenium

Enrico Listemann lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Apr 5 10:23:55 EDT 2009

I followed the instructions at
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/setting-up-selenium to get
Selenium and Webrat to work with Cucumber. I have no problems using
Webrat but when I switch to use Selenium, I get the following error
message when I try to access the browser(e.g. calling visit(login_path))
in a step definition.

Die angeforderte Adresse ist in diesem Kontext ungültig. - connect(2)
E:/SOFTWAREENTWICKLUNG/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:56:in `timeout'
(eval):2:in `visit'

(for those who don't speak german: The requested address is invalid in
this context.)

I also tried to use Cucumber and Selenium without Webrat and it works
without any problems.

I'm using Rails 2.3.0, Cucumber 0.2.3, Webrat 0.4.3 and RSpec 1.2.2 on a
WinXP machine.

I would be very pleased if anyone had an idea about the reason for this