[rspec-users] Running cucumber distributed across hardware

Chris Flipse cflipse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:58:44 EDT 2009

I'm thinking about trying to get TestJour in place to run on a single
system, but one with a crapload of processors, since that's about the only
way to make anything run reasonably on a Sparc ...

I think I remember seeing that there was a Bonjour protocol client for
Solaris, but I'm not sure where.  Of course, if there was some way I could
specify a number of processes for cucumber to spawn, that would work just as
well for my particular case ....

Desparately need to do _something_, because right now, our Cucumber tests
take about 30 minutes to run ...  Ruby on Solaris/Sparc is *painfully* slow,
but that's the architecture I'm stuck on ...

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Josh Knowles <joshknowles at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Matt Wynne <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> > What's the current state of the art for distributed test runs? Is
> > anybody doing it for real? As part of the build or before check-in?
> > Where would be the best place to contribute effort? Testjour looks the
> > most likely... Any others out there?
> We (weplay) use Testjour on a daily basis.  That said, its a bit
> temperamental and requires a bit of effort to get it up and running.
> I'd love to see more adoption, and am happy to work with whomever is
> interested on making it easier to get up and running.
> --
> Josh Knowles
> phone: 509-979-1593
> email:  joshknowles at gmail.com
> web:    http://joshknowles.com

// anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of
// http://blog.devcaffeine.com/