[rspec-users] Fwd: ZenTest Autotest and 1.1.5

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 09:06:36 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Ashley Moran
<ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> Use either the installed autospec (not autotest) or script/autospec
>> commands (for rails apps).
>>
>> http://rspec.info/rdoc/files/History_txt.html
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>

> Hmmm, when I run autospec, all I get is
>
> /opt/local/bin/ruby -S spec/spec_helper.rb ... -O spec/spec.opts
>
> Then... nothing.
>
> Any ideas?

I just noticed that too on a new project. It's the spec_helper that's
causing the trouble, so it needs to be ignored. Put this in a
.autotest file at the root of your project:

Autotest.add_hook :initialize do |at|
  at.add_exception /spec\/spec_helper\.rb/
end

Cheers,
David