[rspec-users] Shoulda

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Tue Sep 30 07:47:46 EDT 2008

We do something similar to this, though we use a convention to set
@klass to the class being spec'd in the top-level example group,
rather than deriving it as they do in that sample.

In view specs we also use a convention to always have a do_render
method available, so that we can bring in similarly shared / generated
examples.

It's great for speccing two sublcasses which have some common
behaviour, where it feels wrong to spec the (abstract) base class.