[rspec-users] Not seeing an RJS change

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Mon Sep 29 11:51:08 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-29, at 07:58, David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Nick Hoffman <nick at deadorange.com>
> wrote:
>> On 2008-09-28, at 17:20, Nick Hoffman wrote:
>>>
>>> 431         it 'should hide the map filter errors <div>' do
>>> 432           do_xhr @xhr_params
>>> 433           response.should have_rjs
>>> 434 #          response.should have_rjs(:hide, 'map-filter-errors')
>>> 435         end
>>
>> I just discovered that I need to pass :chained_replace_html to
>> #have_rjs ,
>> like so:
>> response.should have_rjs(:chained_replace_html, :hide, 'map-filter-
>> errors')
>>
>> However, after googling around and looking through the source for
>> #assert_select_rjs , I have no idea what :chained_replace_html
>> does, nor why
>> :hide is insufficient. Would someone mind enlightening me?
>
> I'm not sure why that is offhand, still waking up this fine Monday
> morning, but I'd recommend throwing this question to the rails mailing
> list if nobody responds here.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Hi David. I've taken your advice and posted to the ror-talk list:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/browse_thread/thread/f7fc3f63660a7f33

I'm not sure what you meant by "why that is offhand"...

Cheers,
Nick