[rspec-users] rspec-ui overlap with cucumber?

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 05:48:20 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Priit Tamboom <priit at mx.ee> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using cucumber + selenium and I love it. However I'm looking to
> add some methods (example: click_and_wait etc) to the lib. Therefore
> looked around a bit and I got two questions:
> Firstly about rspec-ui, I'm a little confused, does rspec-ui overlap
> with its propose with webrat with cucumber or I'm missing a point?

rspec-ui is defunct - as far as i am concerned. noone seems to be
maintaining it, and cucumber should replace it.

> Secondly, are there any plans to "officially" support selenium along
> with webrat? (or perphaps cucumber project is just waiting someone
> with such needs to stand up go for it.)

There are already some examples:

I'm not sure I understand what there is to "support" about it. You can
use anything inside Cucumber step definitions - Cucumber shouldn't
have to "support" it. Unless there are specific things like Rails,
which has some transaction support in Cucumber.