[rspec-users] webrat the way to go?

Willem van den Ende willem at willemvandenende.com
Mon Sep 29 02:46:07 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 22:24 +0200, Willem van den Ende wrote:
> When I go to invitation/new, I see the Subject field, but WebRat doesn't... :
>     When I fill in "Subject" with "My invitation subject"
>       Could not find [Webrat::TextField, Webrat::TextareaField, Webrat::PasswordField]: "Subject" (RuntimeError)

Ah. Figured it out. The cucumber code generator created (in

When I fill in "Subject" with "My invitation subject"

instead of

When I fill in "invitation_subject" with "My invitation subject"

which is what I saw in 'view source'. After changing all generated
whens, I have 17 steps passed.

It might indicate, as Aslak says in the readme, it is recommended to
create your features by hand. On the other hand, it would also be
convenient if the combination of generate feature and generate
rspec_scaffold works out of the box. :)

I'm going to play a bit more with it - too early to send in my own fix
for the feature generator I guess. I am willing to make it if you want
it though.