[rspec-users] Lot's o' questions about Cucumbert

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:14:56 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Bloody keyboard! del and enter keys are too close to one another...
> So my other questions are:
> - Where does Cucumber take its DB data from? Does it use the dev DB?
> Does it copy the data from my dev DB into the test DB? When I run rake
> features while my dev mongrel is running, I see some stuff going on in
> the DB.

If you follow the directions at
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis/ruby-on-rails, the
'script/generate cucumber' step will configure things so it runs
against your test db and wraps each scenario in a transaction.

> - Can I use Autotest with Cucumber+Webrat? How to automate it?

There is no support for that.

> - Any tutorials to suggest?

Check out whatever you can find for RSpec's Story Runner. It's almost
the same except the feature files should use the .feature extension,
there is no steps_for or with_steps_for methods, and directory
structure is treated differently (per cucumber wiki).