[rspec-users] Running RSpec from within my Ruby application

Daniel Lucraft dan at fluentradical.com
Sun Sep 28 05:20:39 EDT 2008

--- Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> I'm missing the why.  What is the higher-level objective that you're
> trying to accomplish?  Seems like you want something like autotest + a
> custom formatter?

The app (www.redcaride.com) has a plugin system with reloading, which lets you work on your plugin
without restarting the application. Now I can reload and rerun the specs too, so you really do
never have to leave the app.

I know that this is a slightly dangerous way of running specs - but it is convenient. And I plan
to make it almost as quick to load another app instance and run your specs in a clean fashion as