[rspec-users] RSpec makes me want to write better code

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Fri Sep 26 07:49:43 EDT 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 12:31, Ashley Moran wrote:

> On 25 Sep 2008, at 17:48, Mark Wilden wrote:
>
>> "Each controller action only calls one model method other than an
>> initial find or new.".
>>
>> I didn't get that article[1] (or, rather, that particular
>> subarticle) at all.
>
> I kinda tuned out when I read, "Polymorphic associations, however,
> are encouraged!"

Would you mind elaborating on why you don't like these? I'm pretty
new to rails (but not programming generally) and rather naive about
such things!

Also why is the article so down on STI? What are the drawbacks? What
do people use instead?

[1]http://www.matthewpaulmoore.com/articles/1276-ruby-on-rails-code-
quality-checklist

cheers,