[rspec-users] DRY up story

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Thu Sep 25 10:42:48 EDT 2008

The problem I have with this reasoning is that the point of plain text
stories is to get more stakeholder involvement.  Being able to express
shared content in plain text allows the non-programmer reader to
verify more details (for example UI interactions within a high level
story).  I would like to be able to express the high level intent of
the scenario and then (still in readable english like text) describe
the UI interactions for each step, or the business logic details, or
what ever should be verified by the customer to be correct about the
details.  Saying "you can always use ruby" assumes the audience is
programmers.  In most cases this is not the case for several levels of
detail on the kinds of projects I am working.

Michael