[rspec-users] Rspec runs tests when not appropriate

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:10:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Fernando Perez <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have found 2 troubles with rspec, it is currently running the test
> suites in the following cases:

RSpec doesn't automatically run your examples for you. Autotest does.

> 1) when I only edit comments in the files.

Autotest monitors changes to files on the file system but does not
investigate what those changes are. If you think this should be
different, please file a bug report with the ZenTest project:

> 2) when I commit changes to my mercurial repository.

You can stop this from happening by adding a .autotest file in the
root of your project with the following text:

Autotest.add_hook :initialize do |at|
  at.add_exception /\.hg/

You can read more about how to configure autotest mappings at