[rspec-users] Running cucumber distributed across hardware
lists at brynary.com
Wed Sep 24 01:31:57 EDT 2008
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Scott Taylor
<mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> Let me know if you come up with something - I'd be interested in
> contributing to such a project.
I started working on a project I'm calling Testjour to solve this at
It's not at all usable for general consumption, but there's a base to
hack on. Here's what I have working:
* Using Bonjour autodiscovery of available test running slaves
* Sending feature files to be run and results back and forth over DRb
* Setting up and tearing down new MySQL databases for each test run to
There's plenty that needs to be done before it's really usable, specifically:
* Adding RSync support to transfer code to worker servers
* Daemonizing/detaching the slave process
* Adding logging and PID tracking
* And more in the TODO.txt
If I can get this running well, we're going to purchase Mac Mini build
nodes for the office. My (ambitious) goal is to cut the story run time
on a developer machine from 12 minutes down to two.
Example from two Terminal windows:
Broadcasting: Ready to run tests under name 'bhelmkamp' on port 51814...
Running tests from queue druby://Fozzie.local:51818 on PID 16482
$ testjour_run features/authentication/authenticaton.feature
`When I login'
http://brynary.com -- My blog
More information about the rspec-users