[rspec-users] Separating black sheep examples from the rest

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Tue Sep 23 19:14:53 EDT 2008

On 23 Sep 2008, at 16:49, Pat Maddox wrote:

> Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> writes:
>> So we've got a pretty decent number of specs now, and despite my
>> best efforts,
>> AR is just forcing us down the path of having to use database
>> interaction for
>> some of the model specs.
> Why don't you put the specs in a different directory?  One layout that
> I've seen used (I think by the WePlay guys) is:
> spec/
>   integration/
>     controllers/
>     models/
>   unit/
>     controllers/
>     models/
> Pat

Yeah, I think that is probably the easiest way to do it, I just don't
like the idea of having the specs for a single class in two places.
But maybe that overhead would actually be the encouragement we need
to think a little bit harder about whether there's a better way to
write the spec in the first place... :)

future employers of mine.