[rspec-users] plans for cucumber

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 05:21:35 EDT 2008

On 23 Sep 2008, at 02:35, David Chelimsky wrote:

> This should work right now with both 'rake spec' and 'cucumber
> features'

It does, but only as "cucumber features" if I do "cucumber features/
descriptions/xyz.feature" it doesn't find the the step file on it's own.

Ben's TextMate Cucumber bundle reflects this, as it's "go to alternate
file" command creates steps one level down from the descriptions.

Kyle's "story" command uses the structure stories/stories and stories/
steps so I'm used to working that way.

My stories folder always had extra dirs, so I find the layout:
   features/
     descriptions/
       apply.feature
       open.feature
       start.feature
       stop.feature
       zoom.feature
     matchers/
     steps/
     support/

MUCH easier to follow than:
   features/
     apply.feature
     matchers/
     open.feature
     start.feature
     steps/
     stop.feature
     support/
     zoom.feature

This is just how I use it anyway - maybe I'm alone in adding extra
folders like that.  But I still find the nested structure much more
logical than the partially flat one.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/