[rspec-users] Running cucumber distributed across hardware

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Tue Sep 23 05:10:47 EDT 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:57:20 -0400, "Scott Taylor"
<mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> said:

> On Sep 22, 2008, at 8:11 PM, Bryan Helmkamp wrote:
>
> > At my job, our story suite contains over 500 scenarios. While we're
> > very happy with the regressions we've caught by running the suite, the
> > long time it takes (~ 10+ minutes) is starting to lead to developers
> > checking in without running it. This is leading to broken builds, and
> > the problems cascade from there (not being able to integrate, etc.)

I'm obviously not as far down the path as ou guys in thinking about
this, but I can already see us having similar issues. Once idea I had
was just to create separate rails environments for features and specs,
thereby letting me run features at the same time as autotest is running.

I also wonder what we can do with in-memory databases, since our
integration tests don't (so far) work on the scale of more than a
handful of records.

Anyone had any luck with either of these tricks?

cheers,
Matt