[rspec-users] Running cucumber distributed across hardware

Bryan Helmkamp lists at brynary.com
Mon Sep 22 21:11:47 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Mark Wilden <mark at mwilden.com> wrote:
> I'm curious: could your unit tests be improved to minimize these problems?
> In other words, when your build breaks, does that indicate a missing unit
> test?

That's a very good point. Sometimes, yes. If the stories fail because
an object or layer of the stack is incorrect, that's definitely a unit
test that is lacking which needs to be added. I think at those points
it's also worth examining how the code became incorrect without a
failing unit test to identify root causes.

Often, however, the Story suite exposes an integration failure that
(isolated/fast) unit tests would not catch.

--
Bryan Helmkamp
http://brynary.com -- My blog