[rspec-users] Running cucumber distributed across hardware

Bryan Helmkamp lists at brynary.com
Mon Sep 22 20:11:34 EDT 2008

At my job, our story suite contains over 500 scenarios. While we're
very happy with the regressions we've caught by running the suite, the
long time it takes (~ 10+ minutes) is starting to lead to developers
checking in without running it. This is leading to broken builds, and
the problems cascade from there (not being able to integrate, etc.)

What I'm wondering is if anyone has had success running Cucumber in a
parallel/distributed mode, like I know some people have done with
RSpec proper. I'm optimistic that if we can get the build time scaling
linearly with hardware, we can get the story run down to around one or
two minutes and keep it there regardless of how many scenarios we

Bryan Helmkamp
http://brynary.com -- My blog