[rspec-users] Prepare for newbie-ness

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:30:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
> On 16 Sep 2008, at 23:38, James Cox wrote:
>
>> BTW - do any 'proper' tdd/bdd types here reccommend any specific books?
>
> The Michael Feathers book (Working with Legacy Code) is well regarded on
> this list for teaching you how to write testable code, if that helps. I
> don't think there are any books out yet on BDD specifically, although all
> that stuff was kind of inspired by Eric Evans' book on Domain Driven Design,
> as I understand it.

Some, not all. The concept of Ubiquitous Language is definitely an
important part of BDD, but there are a few others as well.

We are very close to announcing a release date for our RSpec book
(Pragmatic Bookshelf), which will cover BDD at a high level, but
mostly focus directly on practical use of RSpec and friends. A BDD
slant, definitely, but not a BDD treatise.

I've heard rumors of other RSpec books in the works, as well as a BDD
book, but until their authors make formal announcements, they are just
rumors :)

In the mean time, there are a lot of great blog posts referenced from this list.

Cheers,
David