[rspec-users] Prepare for newbie-ness

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Wed Sep 17 18:24:10 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:

> On 16 Sep 2008, at 23:38, James Cox wrote:
>
>  BTW - do any 'proper' tdd/bdd types here reccommend any specific books?

I've just started reading "Scripted GUI Testing with Ruby," which has
sections on RSpec, ZenTest and StoryRunner. I haven't read enough to
recommend it, though.

Pat Maddox contributed to the RSpec chapter in "The Rails Way," and I can
indeed recommend that.

The Feathers book is a classic, but I wouldn't say it teaches BDD. As the
title says, it's about taking an existing codebase and making it testable.

///ark