[rspec-users] autotest with a non-rspec project

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:31:16 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Dan <danmunk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm working on a contract that doesn't use rspec.  When I try and run
> autotest I get the following:
> Autotest style autotest/rails_rspec doesn't seem to exist. Aborting.
> I uninstalled the rspec gem and don't have the rspec plugins loaded
> for the project.  I haven't been able to find any suggested fixes that
> work.

The only reason that I know of that this would be happening would be
that there are both a spec directory in your app and the rspec gem
somewhere on your path.

We've introduced an autospec command since the last release just to
avoid this conflict. So one thing you might try doing is cloning the
git repo, building and installing the gem from source (see

Let us know if that works.