[rspec-users] Prepare for newbie-ness

Martin Streicher martin.streicher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:01:34 EDT 2008

I find the debugger helpful to step through the underlying Rails code
when I am perplexed about the (errant) operation of something. The
underworld is full of wonderful secrets. Plus, I do make mistakes and
misinterpret and the debugger lets me take a look around. I try to
avoid making bad smells; the debugger is like Harvey Keitel's
character in Pulp Fiction.

What about my other questions? Directions on how to write tests when a
model has_many or belongs_to? When to mock? Pointers to examples would
be the cheap and easy answer -- is there an open source application
with rspec tests?